Waiting on your device….N7 Wifi 5.0.2 root fail

Home Forums Nexus Root Toolkit Rooting Support Waiting on your device….N7 Wifi 5.0.2 root fail

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  WugFresh 4 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Yokozuuna
    Participant

I use NRT to select my device and build. I checked my N7 to verify it selected correct. I have usb debugging enabled, MTP unchecked. I start a root and it this happens:

Nexus Root Toolkit v2.0.4

Masterlists:
    – LatestToolkitFiles.ini 3009
    – AndroidDeviceListFull.ini 3009
    – AndroidDeviceListFlash.ini 3009

NAKASI-GROUPER: Android 5.0.2 – Build: LRX22G

Live log initiated [2015-02-06]:

Information: Checking ADB/FASTBOOT Connectivity
    adb devices
    List of devices attached
    015d49062f441a12 device

fastboot devices

Connectivity Status: ADB Device Connected
    Information: Rebooting your device into bootloader mode…
    adb reboot bootloader

Information: Checking Fastboot Connectivity
    fastboot devices
    015d49062f441a12 fastboot

Connectivity Status: Fastboot Device Connected
    Information: Temporarily Booting modified boot.img to enable running privileged commands…
    fastboot boot “C:\Program Files (x86)\WugFresh Development\Nexus Root Toolkit\data\Modified_Boot\modified_boot_nakasi_5.0.2_LRX22G.img”

Information: Waiting for your device…

While waiting for my device it’s on the android screen with the green android robot thing with a start button, up and down arrows, and nothing happens when I touch anything on the screen. I have to either let it time out, or hit the power button to reboot my N7. Help?

WugFresh
    Keymaster

Let the kit update to 3010 Masterlists, then repeat. It will redownload a new modified_boot.img (which was the issue and why it hanged).

Now it works.

I had opened another thread on the issue when I was notified:
    http://www.wugfresh.com/forums/thread/hanging-on-modified-boot-n7-2013-3g-razorg-5-0-2-lrx22g/

Regards,

Wug

Yokozuuna
    Participant

I finally figured out my issue. If I might make a suggestion to help those of us who are not too tech savvy: In NRT when you click the Root button, and the next screen pops up, at the bottom where it says make sure your device is unlocked; can you specify that you mean make sure the bootloader is unlocked, and not the screen unlocked. The whole time I thought that just meant to make sure the tablet screen isn’t locked when you start the root.

WugFresh
    Keymaster

@yokozuuna thank you for your suggestion. Will do.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.