Nexus 6P Android 8.0 Oreo not rooting

Home Forums Nexus Root Toolkit Rooting Support Nexus 6P Android 8.0 Oreo not rooting

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  srothkin 1 year, 10 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

BigFire
    Participant

I just flashed the Nexus 6P to Android 8.0 Oreo. When I run the existing rooting script, it failed to achieve rooting. Can we have the script updated?

BigFire
    Participant

Hum, I have to manually install both TWRP 3.1.1 and SuperSu 2.82.

Can you check the rooting process?

mozilla2012
    Participant

+1 to this – I cannot root my 6p. The script says it’s successful, but then nothing has root access.

petiafeher
    Participant

Same problem……. 🙁
    Even if the program says “Automated Rooting Procedure Complete!”, the device (Nexus 6p-android oreo 8.0) is not rooted
    Any solution?

• This reply was modified 1 year, 10 months ago by  petiafeher.

rebelrebel
    Participant

Newer superSu just came out from chainfire. NRT I’m sure will be updated eventually. Can’t wait, manually do it. Just need to set up ADB and download files to flash. My only issue is I can’t get BusyBox(pro) to install…..?
    What I did:
    Flash stock (wipe it, 8.0 is major update) and use 8.0 (download from Google). Use ADB to install TWRP and the newest superSu.
    Happy to be on 8.0 rooted so adaway is running. Didn’t want to switch to majisc. Anyone figures out how to install BusyBox, let us know.

srothkin
    Participant

Nexus 5x – not only does rooting not work, but TWRP won’t stick after upgrading to Android 8.0 – reboot to recovery always shows “no command” even after manually reflashing TWRP from advanced utilities.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.