Backup failed – ADB Operation timed out – Nexus 5 Android 4.4.4 NRT 2.0.6

Home Forums Nexus Root Toolkit Advanced Utilities Backup failed – ADB Operation timed out – Nexus 5 Android 4.4.4 NRT 2.0.6

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  N5frustrated 3 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

N5frustrated
    Participant

I’ve used NRT since 2013. I’m flummoxed; can anyone help?

I was able to do an SMS backup today. My phone connects fine. NRT reboots it into recovery. It reboots into TWRP for a nandroid (I just don’t have enough free space for that to work). It used to work perfectly on WIndows 7; now I am on Windows 10 and updated to the latest NRT. I’ve tried it plugged in to my USB2.0 and USB 3.0 sockets, using the original Nexus 5 usb cable that came with it, and with another that came with my tablet.

If I try to do the Backup option from within the Backup+ Restore section, it reboots my phone, then goes into a loop where it times out, tries again, and so on ad infinitum. My only option is to literally pull the plug and disconnect my Nexus 5 from my laptop.

Nexus Root Toolkit v2.0.6

Masterlists:
    - LatestToolkitFiles.ini	3085
    - AndroidDeviceListFull.ini	3085
    - AndroidDeviceListFlash.ini	3085

HAMMERHEAD-HAMMERHEAD: Android 4.4.4 - Build: KTU84P

Live log initiated [2015-11-16]:

Checking ADB/FASTBOOT Connectivity
    adb devices
    0304----------6a	device
    fastboot devices

Connectivity Status: ADB Device Connected
    Rebooting your device into bootloader mode...
    adb reboot bootloader

Checking Fastboot Connectivity
    fastboot devices
    0304----------6a	fastboot
    Connectivity Status: Fastboot Device Connected
    Temporarily Booting modified boot.img to enable running privileged commands...
    fastboot boot "C:\Program Files (x86)\WugFresh Development\data\Modified_Boot\modified_boot_hammerhead_4.4.4_KTU84P.img"

Waiting for your device...
    Device Detected
    Checking ADB/FASTBOOT Connectivity
    adb devices
    0304----------6a	device
    fastboot devices

Connectivity Status: ADB Device Connected
    Pulling "/data/media/" from your device...
    adb pull -p "/data/media/" "E:\BACKUP\Nexus Root Toolkit by wugfresh\Nexus 5\11-16-2015_13-17"
    ERROR: ADB Operation timed out

Pushing "wugcheck.md5" to your device...
    adb push "C:\Program Files (x86)\WugFresh Development\data\MD5check_Depot\wugcheck.md5" "/sdcard/wugcheck.md5"

md5sum.exe "C:\Program Files (x86)\WugFresh Development\data\MD5check_Depot\wugcheck.md5"
    \d41d8cd98f00b204e9800998ecf8427e *C:\\Program Files (x86)\\WugFresh Development\\data\\MD5check_Depot\\wugcheck.md5
    Verifying hash of transferred file...
    adb shell /sbin/busybox md5sum "/sdcard/wugcheck.md5"
    d41d8cd98f00b204e9800998ecf8427e  /sdcard/wugcheck.md5
    Verified!
    Verifying hash of transferred directory...
    adb shell /sbin/busybox md5sum -c "/sdcard/wugcheck.md5"

Retrying...
    adb push "C:\Program Files (x86)\WugFresh Development\data\MD5check_Depot\wugcheck.md5" "/sdcard/wugcheck.md5"

md5sum.exe "C:\Program Files (x86)\WugFresh Development\data\MD5check_Depot\wugcheck.md5"
    \d41d8cd98f00b204e9800998ecf8427e *C:\\Program Files (x86)\\WugFresh Development\\data\\MD5check_Depot\\wugcheck.md5
    Verified!

Retrying...

Verified!

Retrying...

Verified!

Retrying...

Verified!

Retrying...

Verified!

Retrying...

Mismatch. Retrying push (attempt #1 of 2)...

Mismatch. Retrying push (attempt #2 of 2)...

Mimatch. Giving up...  Try another USB port and start the process over.
    Mimatch. Giving up...  Try another USB port and start the process over.
    Copied to clipboard.

N5frustrated
    Participant

I’ve realised I put this in the wrong section – it isn’t Advanced Utilities, it is backup and restore. Sorry.

I uninstalled NRT and reinstalled, and used the Full Driver Installation Guide to check that all of the drivers were OK – which they are. I tried again to do the backup, and it went into the same loop.

THen I tried the SMS backup,and it went into a loop

Pulling "/sdcard/SMSBackupRestore/" from your device...
    adb pull -p "/sdcard/SMSBackupRestore/" "C:\Program Files (x86)\WugFresh Development\Nexus Root Toolkit\device_backups\my-sms-backups"

adb push "C:\Program Files (x86)\WugFresh Development\Nexus Root Toolkit\data\MD5check_Depot\wugcheck.md5" "/sdcard/wugcheck.md5"

I have checked the actual files, and it does seem to have worked.

SMSBackupRestore has a file of the name mentioned above in the right folder on the Nexus 5. NRT actually has pulled that same file from the N5 and put into the proper folder on my laptop.

There is a file on my Nexus 5 in the /sdcard/ folder called wugcheck.md5 and it is dated today. It is the same size of 153 bytes, so it has been pushed.

However, it still went into the loop, claiming it timed out every time.
    ===============================================

The Backup Virtual SDcard does NOT work. It just loops round and round and does nothing except create a folder on my laptop called ‘dd-mm-yyyy_hh-mm’

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.