2.1.9 won't restore it's own backups…

Home Forums Nexus Root Toolkit Backup/Restore Support 2.1.9 won't restore it's own backups…

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  princehtml 2 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

n6p
    Participant

I rooted my Nexus 6p today and it won’t restore it’s own backups. 2 different .ab files hang while trying to restore apps (different apps hang for each .ab file) + data. I see another similar complaint on here so… is there an alternate way to restore the .ab files or are we screwed?

• This topic was modified 2 years, 9 months ago by  n6p.

nanderso19498
    Participant

I am experiencing the same issue.

xgoodwin
    Participant

I have the same problem. I have tried already all ways (reinstalled drivers, changed USB ports&cables, tried older versions NRT). It is very sad.

n6p
    Participant

xgoodwin:

I tried different ports too. I neven unrooted it with the no-wipe option. I was told that the problem is not the tool but the adb itself but, if that’s the case, there should be a warning in the tool. If you use a tool to backup you expect that it should restore. I never would have unlocked the bootloader if I had known my restore might fail. I was also told that the paid version of Titanium Backup should be able to restore individual apks from the .ab backup. I really don’t like the idea of having to buy an app to fix the problem either.

C:\Program Files (x86)\WugFresh Development\Nexus Root Toolkit\data>adb version
    Android Debug Bridge version 1.0.36
    Revision e02fe72a18c3-android

Perhaps the adb version is the problem? *shrug*

• This reply was modified 2 years, 9 months ago by  n6p.

princehtml
    Participant

Nexus 6 Nougat. The toolkit will not restore my files. I can see the files names being restored but once I open my apps drawers, none of the files are there. Please advise. Thanks

milefile
    Participant

Nexus 6 Nougat. Just flashed Nougat, no root. Backup will not restore. I have some important files in that backup. Please help.

princehtml
    Participant

Unfortunately, to get my files back, I had to go back to Marshmallow and then restore your backup files.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.